A Self-powered Home
Powerwall is a home & Business battery that stores solar energy so you can use it on demand and self-power your home to reduce your reliance on grid electricity. In the event of a grid outage, Powerwall automatically provides backup power or easily integrates with solar to ensure your home is powered 24/7. With Powerwall, you are assured of energy security and a clean energy lifestyle.
Powerwall allows you to store 13.5kWh(usable) energy and use that energy to run your home with solar during the night and back up your home in the event of a power outage. Powerwall is compact, safe and includes a built-in battery inverter, which provides easier integration and over-the-air updates for new features and functions.
Use solar and Powerwall to reduce reliance on the grid and run your home off solar day and nigh
Protect your home from a power outage with seamless and reliable backup powe
Reduce your electricity bill, if your utility offers a time-of-use rate plan*
Home Energy Control
Manage and control your home energy use in real-time with the Tesla mobile app
Self-Power Your Home With Solar And Powerwall
A self-powered home is one that runs off solar and Powerwall, which gives you the ability to own your energy and reduce your reliance on the grid. With Powerwall you can use more of your solar by storing the excess solar energy and using it at night, which roughly doubles the amount of solar energy that directly powers your home.
During a grid outage, by combining solar and Powerwall, you can extend your hours of backup power. Solar panels, when installed by themselves, are required to shut down during a power outage for grid safety. However, in combination with a Powerwall system, solar panels can continue to operate during a grid outage, and provide power to your home and also recharge the Powerwall in a longer duration blackout.
Tesla Mobile App
The Tesla mobile app allows you to have full visibility into your self-powered home. You can monitor your home solar generation, battery power flow, and household consumption in real-time from anywhere.
Tesla Powerwall is a fully-integrated AC battery system for residential or light commercial use. Its rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack provides energy storage for solar self-consumption, time-based control, and backup.
Powerwall’s electrical interface provides a simple connection to any home or building. Its revolutionary compact design achieves market-leading energy density and is easy to install, enabling owners to quickly realize the benefits of reliable, clean power.
AC Voltage (Nominal)
Real Power, max continuous2
5 kW (charge and discharge)
Apparent Power, max continuous
5 kVA (charge and discharge)
Maximum Supply Fault Current
Maximum Output Fault Current
Power Factor Output Range
+/– 1.0 adjustable
Internal Battery DC Voltage
Round Trip Efficiency1,3
- 1 Values provided for 25°C, 3.3 kW charge/discharge power.
- 2 In Backup mode, grid charge power is limited to 3.3 kW.
- 3 AC to battery to AC, at beginning of life.
1150 mm x 753 mm x 147 mm
Floor or wall mount
- 1 Dimensions and weight differ slightly if manufactured before March 2019. Contact Tesla for additional information.
IEC 62109-1, IEC 62109-2, IEC 62619, UN 38.3
IEC 61000-6-1, IEC 61000-6-3
RoHS Directive 2011/65/EU, WEEE Directive 2012/19
/EU,Battery Directive 2006/66/EC,Reach Regulation
AC156, IEEE 693-2005 (high)
–20°C to 50°C
0°C to 30°Cy
Operating Humidity (RH)
Up to 100%, condensing
–20°C to 30°CUp to 95% RH, non-condensing
State of Energy (SoE): 25% initial
Indoor and outdoor rated
IP67 (Battery & Power Electronics)
IP56 (Wiring Compartment)
Wet Location Rating
Noise Level @ 1m
< 40 dBA at 30°C
5% Price Guarantee
Find a lower advertised price for an identical branded PV or Battery System? We’ll beat that price by 5% even up to 30 days after you purchase from us, so you can buy from Lumenaus Solar with confidence and enjoy genuine peace of mind.
What Lumenaus Solar will match:
- A new Solar PV or Solar PV with Battery Storage advertised & sold by any other solar retailer websites within Victoria, we will beat the advertised price by 5%, but only if that system shares the same key specifications and brand name(s) as a system sold on www.lumenaus.com.au
- If you see a lower advertised price for any system you have purchased from Lumenaus Solar within 30 days of your invoice date, Lumenaus Solar will refund you the difference. Offering you complete peace of mind, guaranteed.
What Lumenaus Solar will not match:
- Any price from a paid membership club or paid loyalty programs (e.g. prices that require a club or loyalty card that is associated with a membership fee).
- Any “Marketplace” Pages where an order is fulfilled by a third party rather than the owner/operator of the retail website.
- Any limited quantity, deal-of-the-day, flash sales, clearance, closeout, discontinued or special seasonal prices.
- Any price that is based upon rebates, coupons, financing offers, errors, bundling of products or services, gift cards or gift card offers
- In-store only pricing.
- Any product purchase intended for resale. Lumenaus Solar will only match one item per customer.
- Any lower-priced offer for a product that is on a long lead time or out of stock. Product must be in stock and immediately available.
- The 5% discounted price cannot be combined with any other promotion or discount. The requested 5% discounted price will be the final price.